Singers Light Up Mauldin

The Chorus group from Mauldin High School sing during a Christmas tree lighting at the Mauldin Cultural Center.

Gabby Brinez-Pardo

Gabby Brinez-Pardo, Fine Arts Writer

The little kids who sang were adorable and the free food was great, but even better was the talent of the Mauldin High school chorus students, formally known as Singers. On November 30th, they performed at the Mauldin Cultural Center Christmas tree lighting and brought smiles to those who went and saw them perform. From the first note to the last, they warmed the hearts of many with a medley from the movie White Christmas.

Mrs. Mayfield, the chorus teacher at Mauldin High said, that the performance was to “support the community because they’re so good to us. It’s our way of giving back.” She then elaborated in saying that it was important to her to have the students perform at the lighting to take away a feeling of community. Looking around at the faces of the people in the audience, it was a job well done.

Sophomore Sarah Coltrin, one of the members of the chorus group, says her favorite line from the song is, “‘When I’m worried and I can’t sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep.’ I love how it talks about the blessings of gratitude and how it can help us through times when we might feel stressed.” What a wonderful thing to keep in mind this holiday season.